Monday, November 3, 2008

"Everybody's Free (To wear Sunscreen)"

So I have a new life goal. I feel like people will think, as I try to express myself, that I'm joking, when in actuality I am not! Just bear with me as I try and explain my thought process; it's not an easy thing to do. So my roommate forced me to listen to a song, it was something about sunscreen, or so I thought, and I was clearly showing no interest, which was frustrating to her. So to appease her I told her I would look up the lyrics. I opened up a new tab and did a quick google search (practicing for being a ChaCha guide I guess ;)) and opened up a page with lots of words. Being that I had another tab full of Paradise Lost words opened, I opted to continue on what I was doing. I made the attempt, that's all that really matters, right? WRONG. So there sat the tab for a couple days. (Yes, I keep windows open for way to long…) And finally in Old Testament (as a last hope to entertain myself and stop the progression of boredom-induced suicidal thoughts) I read them. They were all phenomenal, but one line caught my attention. And so imagine me singing this…wait, actually, don't. Save yourself. Mooooving on, here goes the line: "…maybe you'll dance the funky chicken on your 75th wedding anniversary…" IT BLEW MY MIND. This is all I want in life! Now before you dismiss me as a complete nutcase, let me clarify. Doesn't this depict the image of pure joy and love? Love of my husband, love of my family and friends (after all, I'm willing to utterly humiliate myself like that), and most of all love of life?! I can picture it now--white perm, orthopedic shoes, lipstick OUTSIDE my lip line, and the biggest smile ever as I rock out to the funky chicken, my heart soaring (and my blood pressure too, I would assume ;)), just being indescribably joyful. To think, to spend 75 years with someone, how much would you have learned? How much would you have gone through? And to see your spouse (hopefully dancing along side you) and all the people that have carried you through this rollercoaster journey known as life is just so beautiful to me.

 

This is all quite interesting to think about, especially since I am all for arranged marriage. Maybe I'll write more on that later being that most Western-minded people seem to disagree with me on this. 

No comments: