Thursday, October 30, 2008

Life (Because being vague adds a touch of mystery)

So I've finally come to realize that I'm a stalker. Or I can say (simply to justify it to myself) that I'm observant. I like watching people. Case study 1: Last week. Borders. South Coast Plaza. With a soy chai latte in one hand, and the priceless gem, "Velvet Elvis" in the other, I sat. I sat sitting on the all-too-comfortable brown leather chair only wishing I had a pair of glasses and a pipe (?)  to complete the scene I had now submerged myself in. After only a chapter and a half I decided it would be a good idea to look up. So I did. The diversity I found myself surrounded by was astounding. To my right, a woman, late forties, reading some saucy romance novel. My left, a man in striped button up shirt reading some political book, looking seriously enthralled in whatever the writer had to offer him as a republican. And beside those lovely faces was a guy, probably just a bit older than me, who was getting more of kick then he probably should have been from a comic book. It was some Asian cartoon with freakishly pointy hair (because I'm sure you were curious). Oh well, whatever does it for him, I suppose. ;) And of course there were others, but I fear if I go on I will loose your interest, and I will have to stoop low enough to bust out a lame joke or something to reel you back in. Have your own case study. It's much more fun that way. Anyway, as I found myself in the midst of these people where we all had congregated, I wondered who they were. What is your story, my friend? What have you learned in your years of life? It's interesting to me to think that it's so easy to pass judgment (as I'm sure I was doing) and assume we know about that person's life. However, in actuality we have no clue. I'm interested in learning from people. If you had your own autobiography what would you say about yourself? Heck, what would I say about myself?! I'm not about to get cheesy enough to make this a "who am I?" blog, because I honestly think I'll never know. I can only pray I will always be changing, always learning, that I won't ever stay stagnant enough to know myself well. I just want to strive…which is funny because I think change is as scary as Miley Cyrus being a role model for kids or the apocalypse.

5 comments:

Lauren said...

you are funny. i am glad i made you start a blog. livejournal is DUMB

J Ray said...

i like how you equate miley cyrus being a role model to the apocalypse...lol

i'm subscribed! looking forward to future entries.

Talene said...

Talene. Blog. I Like.

Talene said...

Gahhh, I didn't send that last comment about myself. That would be lame. Taylor, learn how to sign out before commenting. But aside from that, thank you :)

Unknown said...

You write like you speak. It's a mess. Its also hilarious and worth listening to.