Things I have learned or thought about this weekend/week:
I think it's interesting how so many strive to differentiate themselves by using the exact same tactics as everyone else.
Technology is insane to think I'm writing this on a screen that moves when I tell it to, on a plane flying thousands upon thousands of feet in the air. Really, try explaining a plane or laptop to someone who lived in the 1800s. It's impossible. "I'm sitting in a large piece of metal that somehow stays up in the air by large fans" And they would reply, "HERETIC" and I would promptly be flogged.
I currently want to read and play the piano. I also want to make Christmas cards for everyone. Give me your addresses and you will get one J
I'm so often inspired to change the world, but after a few fleeting moments of heroic thoughts I don't act upon them. Dear Jesus, show me the opportunities that will have my life bring you glory. As simple as buying a homeless person food and showing that I genuinely care, to flying to Africa once again… I know I can't save the world, but I can do my part. Whatever that means. If you're interested, go here: http://www.conversantlife.com/social-justice/gifts-that-give-back#continue4
Be the change.
This was sporadic, but this is what I have to say. Thank you for stopping by. Also remember to breathe easy; we are supposed to enjoy this time of year, not stress through it.
8 comments:
you should send your roomate a XMAS card : )
BUT i will text you my address (@ home) because i am not into sharing that stuff on the World Wide Web...hahaha
Text me then! Although you must understand that now you will probably receive it a while after christmas, haha :)
Will e-mail work?
No Gabe, I don't k now how to send construction paper through the internet. I can very easily email you saying "merry christmas" but I don't think it will be as cool. Your choice though!
Well if receiving a tangible card is cooler, then I'm in. I can either send you my address via iChat, Facebook, phone, or howler. Whichever is convenient.
I do not have your number, nor do I know what in the world howler is. So really, it's your choice. Whenever I talk to you next then?
"be the change" that you wish to see in the world?
or are you not, in fact, quoting the venerable Gandhi? lol
I was indeed quoting Gandhi. Way to pick up on that, J Ray :)
Post a Comment