Monday, December 1, 2008

Guess Who?

I'm not a hippie. It is not like that is an undiscovered revelation to most of you, when I'm assuming most of you have seen me before. I'm looking down at myself right now and I'm wearing American Eagle jeans and a white V neck. It wouldn't be peculiar if I completed the ensemble with a peacoat and bobby pins in my hair.  I don't play guitar and I don't do drugs. Definitely not the makings of a hippie…But I often find myself longing for their carefree lifestyle; their "all you need is love" mentality. Their wildly idealistic ways and visionary dreams sound somewhat appealing to me. Not to mention, gauze skirts seem quite comfortable. But, I am not a hippie.

 

I am not a businesswoman (which apparently really is one word and that is not a typographical error). I hate math and numbers, and I would venture to say I hate money as well. I would also venture to say that my last statement was completely false; I don't hate money, it just stresses me out. I'm way too much of a softie to be the iron-fisted conglomerate type person, always wanting to climb the corporate ladder. I'm much too afraid of heights for that nonsense. But still, I find myself wondering if I want that type lifestyle. "Oh no, it's too worldly" they would say. And I would respond (in my pointy black heels and a-line skirt) very poised and professional disregarding their legalistic thinking. It could be an interesting lifestyle. But, I am not a businesswoman.

 

I am not a completely disarrayed, confused, and sleep deprived college student. I'm not trying to figure out who I am, or what I want. I'm not someone who finds it hard to make decisions down to the easy task of picking a place to eat. I'm not realizing the more I think I’m figuring out love and life the more I don't seem to know.  Oh wait, maybe I am.

  (I like the journey of life)

No comments: