There is an abounding grace, an unending stream of joy that is available to me; a gift do succulent and delicious, yet my feeble and unrefined taste is so satisfied and content with eating the muck of this earth, the scum on the floor. It has left a putrid taste in my mouth yet I am so desensitized that I have come to see it as appetizing. The rubbish I have found enticing has kept me from experiencing the wholly true and beautiful nature of who God is. I have let fear---fear of the unknown and the future--- keep me from experiencing His peace. I have let cheap circumstantial happiness keep me from experiencing His joy. I have let crumbling faith keep my from believing in the hope available and ever-present to me, if I desire it. God help me understand the true nature of who you are. Let me be dissatisfied and disgusted by anything that does not come from You. Let every encounter I have with You be the most gratifying and pleasing taste I have ever come across and ruin me to the taste of this world, that I may never find false pleasures in the cheap things of this poor and deprived world.
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Let the Rivers Flow
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment